Thursday, December 11, 2008

It Is Right It Should Be So

I know that I don't have to write it here for you to know how much I love you. I certainly won't repeat what I said on that awful afternoon when I so melodramatically thought that I might not see you or anything else again. I just wanted to put into words how wonderful it is to know you, and how glad I am that you're here with me. I don't know anyone else at all who would do for me the things you've done, or show me the kind of devotion you've shown. Nor do I know anyone who would be so silly, after seeing you once, as to think that I could ever look at anyone else. Who else is there in the world but me and you? So even if it does seem a little embarrassing to read this, well, maybe there will come a day that everything in your life has been frustrating or disappointing, when nobody seems to offer you the love or respect that you deserve and nothing is as it should be. I would hope that you'd never have such a bad day, but when and if you do, please come here and read this, and remember how very much I loved you, and love you still no matter where and what I am. If anyone in the world could come back, it would be me doing it for you because I couldn't bear for you ever to be alone or unhappy, not even for a minute.
I love you with all my heart. You are my hero. If I had it to do all over again, I would. I can't imagine still what you see in me, or how you can be so wonderful, but please don't stop. Just be you, and that's all I need.

Title from "Auguries of Innocence" by William Blake.

1 comment:

Ravn... said...

it is not hard to see what he sees in u...u are warm, kind, loving,compasionate and damned handsome too:D

love